Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Easy way to create water drop with Photoshop CS2




Photoshop, as everyone knows, is a powerful tool to create expressive images. Personally, I like to play with Photoshop. I will introduce a easy way to create drops in this entry. This is my personal experiments ^^.

Firstly,open Photoshop CS2, open any picture.Because drops are usually found on leaf or flowers, I will use a picture of a rose, taken by my friend, Thao.




Secondly, create a new image for the original water drop. You can create the drop inside the picture as a layer but with a seperate image for the drop, you can save it for later use.

In the drop's image, create a round or esclipe marquee (M). Then select gradient tool and draw a line from top to bottom. After that, deselect it.

Then choose blending option, select "overlay".
In the Drop Shadow and Inner Shadow option, you should choose the number to fix with your images. In this case I choose "Angle" is 164 and -38 (do not stick "Use global light").
Now you should have a original drop.

After that, go to the your image, have the selection tool in command, then drag the drop onto the the image you want to have the water drop. In this case you will want to have a different layers for each of the drop. This action is my recommendation, because you will need to resize it, change its shape (use "Liquify" command in "Filter" tool).
The rest is your talent. The position, the size and the shape of the drop are all your talent. Remember to have the blending option of each drop's layer is "Overlay".

This is my final work. I think it look quite like real drops ^^I know about this when I was studying in high school.Photoshop is one of my favourite tools ^^.

Moreover, I think this website has a similar way to create water drop, too.<http://www.lunacore.com/photoshop/tutorials/tut006.htm>. If my instruction is not clear to you, you may want to look at this tutorial.

1 comment:

Khang said...

That's useful mate =) thnx for the tutorials, tho can you show me more application of this effect? And Thu-licious did say she loves these water-on-graphic things, are you the same?