Friday, May 11, 2007

"300" was a movie about the famous last stand of Spartan against Persian at Thermopylae. Although, the movie is not 100% reconstructed as mere history, it shows what happened at Thermopylae briefly.

In this entry I will present a few techniques that was used in the movie. I know all of this after Lam Dang Son told me and then I read wikipedia.org. "300" was one of my favorite movie, so that I want to write something about it.

Firstly is the chroma-key technique. Every scene in "300" was filmed at a studio Montreal, Canada. There were no cliff, no battlefield and no Thermopylae at all. Everything was computer graphic.

Second is about the camera control technique. It was amazing skill. In the fighting scene between Leonidas, the Spartan King and the Persian soldier, camera movements were magnificent. Let's watch it.



You see? It was amazing. They must have used high-speed camera. In a high speed movement of the actor, the camera managed to zoom in and zoom out amazingly and perfectly timing, focus on his actions. Fascinating.

No comments: